1. Observe the dorsal and ventral political parties of the frog. Dorsal side shade ___________ Ventral side shade ____________
2. Study the hind legs. How plenty of toes are current on every foot? ______ space they webbed? _____
3. Study the forelegs. How countless toes room present? ________Are the toe webbed? _______
4. Usage a ruler to measure your from the tip of the head to the finish of the frog"s backbone. Compare the size of her frog to other frogs
Your Frog (cm)
5. Find the frog"s eyes, the nictitating membrane is a clean membrane that attached come the bottom that the eye. Use tweezers to very closely remove the nictitating membrane. Friend may also remove the eyeball.
What color is the nictitating membrane? _____________ What color is the eyeball? _________________
6. Just behind the eyes on the frog"s head is a one structure dubbed the tympanic membrane. The tympanic membrane is offered for hearing. Measure up the diameter (distance across the circle) of the tympanic membrane. Diameter the tympanic membrane = ___________cm
7. Feel the frog"s skin. Is it scaly or is it slimy? ____________
Anatomy of the Frog"s Mouth
Pry the frog"s mouth open and use scissors to cut the angle of the frog"s jaws open. Cut deeply so the the frog"s mouth opens vast enough to view the frameworks inside.
1. Situate the tongue. Play with the tongue. Walk it connect to the prior or the ago of the mouth? __________ (You might remove the tongue). Attract a map out of the tongue, paying attention to that shape.
2. In the facility of the mouth, toward the earlier is a single round opening, the esophagus. This tube leads to the stomach. Usage a probe come poke right into the esophagus.
3. Close to the angle of the jaw room two openings, one on each side. These space the Eustachian tubes. Lock are used to equalize press in the inner ear when the frog is swimming. Insert a probe right into the Eustachian tube.
To what framework does the Eustachian pipe attach? _____________________
4. Simply behind the tongue, and also before you with the stomach is a slit like opening. (You may need to usage your probe to gain it to open up). This slot is the glottis, and it is the opening to the lungs. The frog breathes and also vocalizes with the glottis. Use your probe to open up the glottis and also compare that opened to the esophagus.
5. The frog has two to adjust of teeth. The vomerine teeth are discovered on the roof of the mouth. The maxillary teeth space found about the leaf of the mouth. Both are supplied for stop prey, frogs swallow their meals whole and do no chew. Run you finger over both sets of teeth and also note the differences between them.
6. On the roof the the mouth, friend will discover the 2 tiny openings the the nostrils, if you placed your probe right into those openings, girlfriend will find they leave on the external of the frog.
7. Brand each that the structures underlined above.
You are watching: Where do the eustachian tubes lead in a frog
The frog"s reproductive and also excretory mechanism is an unified into one system called the urogenital system. You will need to recognize the frameworks for both the male and female frog
Kidneys - flattened bean shaped organs located at the lower earlier of the frog, close to the spine. They are regularly a dark color. The kidney filter wastes from the blood. Frequently the optimal of the kidneys have yellowish stringy fat body attached.
Testes - in male frogs, these organs are located at the peak of the kidneys, they are pale colored and round.
See more: Solved Question 6 (1 Point) How Many Molecules Are In 2.50 Moles Of Co2?
Oviducts - females execute not have actually testes, though you might see a curly structure roughly the exterior of the kidney, these space the oviducts. Oviducts are where eggs room produced. Males deserve to have frameworks that look at similar, yet serve no yes, really purpose. In males, they are referred to as vestigial oviducts.
Bladder - An north sac located at the lowest part of the body cavity. The bladder stores urine.
Cloaca - stated again as component of the urogenital mechanism - urine, sperm and also eggs departure here.
Label the parts of the urogenital system.